Courts of Nodrilath
Polite Dragon Assassin
“His illustrious eminence, Satratorix sa-Nahitorix, scion and heir of Nahitorix sa-Hatriorix, Dread Lord of the Realm, Terror of the East, and Ambassador of His Shadowless Majesty.”
Drake, +2 Str or Int, –2 Dex Large beast (Reach 2, wounds Con × 1.5, Speed 30 ft.), breath weapon (fire), cold-blooded, inquisitive mind, natural attack (Bite I, Claw I), reviled, winged flight 40 ft.
Base Speed: 30 feet
Splinter Race Feats: Elemental Heritage (fire drake, ice drake, wind drake, or other elemental drake), Truescale (cloud drake, mountain drake, swamp drake, or other terrain drake). Unless you choose one of these, you’re a ‘lesser drake.’
- Breath Weapon: Once per round as a full action you may breathe fire in a 20-ft. line, inflicting 2d6 + your Con modifier in fire damage. Make a single ranged attack against all characters and objects in the path; each character hit may make a Reflex Save (DC 10 + the number of Species feats you have + your Con modifier) to suffer only 1/2 damage (rounded down).
- Cold-Blooded: You require only 1 common meal per day but suffer 1 additional damage per die from cold and are sickened for a number of rounds equal to 1/2 any cold damage taken (rounded down). If you suffer continuous cold damage — such as from the environment — you are sickened until you escape the source of the damage
- Inquisitive Mind: You gain 2 additional Interests.
- Natural Attack: You gain the Bite I and Claw I natural attacks (see page 235). If you gain a natural attack from multiple sources, the attack’s grade becomes equal to the highest single grade + 1 per additional benefit granting the same attack, to a maximum of V (e.g. Bite IV, Bite III, and Bite I become Bite V).
- Reviled: The Dispositions of non-drakes decrease by 10.
- Winged Flight: You may fly with a Speed of 40 ft.
9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17
ASSASSIN SKILLSBlend, Bluff, Crafting, Disguise, Intimidate, Notice, Prestidigitation, Resolve, Sense Motive, Tactics
6 + Int modifier per level (×4 at Career Level 1)
Hand of Death: At Level 1, each time you fail a Blend or Resolve check and don’t suffer an error, you still succeed as long as the check DC (or your opponent’s check result) is equal to or less than your Class Level + 20. If several grades of success are possible, you achieve only the lowest possible positive result. If you gain this ability for either skill from two or more classes, add together your levels in all classes granting the ability when determining its effect.
Cold Read: You easily pick up people’s social cues and details about their private lives. At Level 2, once per session as a free action, you may ask the GM a number of personal questions equal to your starting action dice about a character you can see and hear. Sample questions include “What does he do for a living?” and “What is her favorite author?” The target may conceal an answer by spending 1 action die per question ignored. You may target each character with this ability only once per session. At Levels 11 and 19, you may use this ability 1 additional time per session.
6 + Int modifier per level
With a Word: Shaping the thoughts and feelings of others is second nature to you. At Level 1, each time you fail a Haggle or Impress check and don’t suffer an error, you still succeed as long as the check DC (or your opponent’s check result) is equal to or less than your Class Level + 20. If several grades of success are possible, you achieve only the lowest possible positive result.
If you gain this ability for either skill from two or more classes, add together your levels in all classes granting the ability when determining its effect.
|Skill||Attribute||TOTAL Modifier||Skill Points||Miscellaneous Mod|
Assassin skills: Blend, Bluff, Crafting, Disguise, Intimidate, Notice, Prestidigitation, Resolve, Sense Motive, Tactics
Courtier skills: Bluff, Haggle, Impress, Intimidate, Investigate, Notice, Prestidigitation, Resolve, Ride, Sense Motive
Satratorix was born in the dragon kingdom of Daraverth as the eldest male heir of the mid-ranked drake Nahitorix sa-Hatriorix. Nahitorix was offered the not-entirely prestigious but extremely important task of ambassador to the Dwarven Empire, and his oldest son joins him as the embassy’s (informal) spymaster. Both Nahitorix and Satratorix pretend to be a bit foppish, but His Shadowless Majesty wouldn’t have let either of them represent Daraverth to the Dwarven Empire if they were as stupid as they pretended to be…